Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Wraps and Rolls
Beef Bacon Rolls View next recipe »
"These are great for appetizers or for a meal! Make them smaller for appetizers, larger for meals."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 2 Hours 10 Minutes
- Ready In 2 Hours 20 Minutes
- Serves 10
- 1.5 pounds top sirloin, lean
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1.3 cups butter
- 1. Cut the beef into strips that are approximately 1 inch wide and the same length or close to the length of the bacon strip, about 1/8 inch thick. Serve hot.
- 2. Make the beef bacon rolls by laying a strip of bacon on a strip of beef and rolling the two meats together so that the beef is on the outside when you finish rolling. Insert a toothpick so that it goes in on the bottom left side and comes out the top right side when looked at vertically.
- 3. In large skillet, saute onions and butter until onions are tender. Lay a single layer of beef bacon rolls in the skillet. Brown them on medium heat, turning once or twice. Cover the skillet and simmer about 2 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 579 | Total Fat 55.2g | Saturated Fat 26.4g | Cholesterol 142mg | Sodium 589mg | Carbohydrates 1.8g | Fiber 0.3g | Protein 18.7g