Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Wings
Krista's Sticky Honey Garlic Wings View next recipe »
"These sweet and sticky chicken wings are sure to be a hit with the whole family. The sauce is so much better than store bought jarred sauce. You can fry the chicken wings, but I prefer baking for less fat. This recipe is equally good with thighs, breasts, or skinless boneless chicken. You'd just have to adjust the cooking time. Serve with fried rice and stir fried veggies. Enjoy!"
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 50 Minutes
- Ready In 1 Hour
- Serves 8
- 24 chicken wings, split and tips discarded
- 0.8 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2.5 cups water
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 0.2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 0.8 cup water
- 1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet; bake until crisp, 35 to 45 minutes. Transfer the wings to a baking dish.
- 3. Mix together the brown sugar, garlic, ginger, 2 1/2 cups water, honey, and soy sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Whisk together the cornstarch and 3/4 cup water in a small bowl; stir into the sauce mixture until thickened; pour over the chicken wings to coat.
- 4. Return wings to oven and bake until the sauce is bubbling and the chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 337 | Total Fat 13.4g | Saturated Fat 3.8g | Cholesterol 58mg | Sodium 332mg | Carbohydrates 35.1g | Fiber 0.2g | Protein 19.1g