Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Spreads
Basil Parmesan Spread View next recipe »
"Serve this yummy, zingy dip with crackers or bread at your next party. An exciting basil, Parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomato paste mixture is spread inside creamy cheese layers. It's best when chilled overnight before serving."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 20 Minutes
- Cook Time N/A
- Ready In 1 Hour 20 Minutes
- Serves 10
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 0.2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 1. In a food processor, blend the spinach, basil and garlic. Gradually mix in the olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Process until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Blend cream cheese and feta cheese in a medium bowl.
- 3. Line a separate medium bowl with plastic wrap. Spread 1/2 the cream cheese mixture in the bowl. Top with sun-dried tomato paste and the spinach mixture. Cover with remaining cream cheese mixture. Pat together, cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving. Flip out of the plastic lined bowl onto a medium serving dish to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 260 | Total Fat 23.1g | Saturated Fat 11.9g | Cholesterol 60mg | Sodium 628mg | Carbohydrates 3.2g | Fiber 0.2g | Protein 10.1g