Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Snacks
Sweet Party Mix View next recipe »
"This is a great snack mix. Wherever I bring this, I am asked for the recipe. You can't stop eating it!"
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 1 Hour
- Ready In 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- Serves 24
- 1 (12 ounce) package crispy corn and rice cereal
- 5 ounces slivered almonds
- 6 ounces toasted, chopped pecans
- 0.8 cup butter
- 0.8 cup dark corn syrup
- 1.5 cups light brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease a large roasting pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix crispy corn and rice cereal, slivered almonds and toasted, chopped pecans.
- 3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and mix with dark corn syrup and light brown sugar. Pour the mixture over the crispy corn and rice cereal mixture. Stir and shake to coat all the nuts and cereal.
- 4. Pour the coated mixture into the prepared roasting pan. Stirring approximately every 15 minutes, cook 1 hour in the preheated oven. Cool on wax paper, and store in airtight containers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 267 | Total Fat 13.9g | Saturated Fat 4.3g | Cholesterol 15mg | Sodium 177mg | Carbohydrates 35.6g | Fiber 1.7g | Protein 3g