Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Snacks
Snicky Snackies View next recipe »
"You've heard of caramel corn, but how about caramel pretzels? This makes a super crunchy, salty and sweet snack!"
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 20 Minutes
- Ready In 40 Minutes
- Serves 20
- 15 ounces mini twist pretzels
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 0.5 cup light corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- 2. In a 9x13-inch baking dish, combine the pretzels and nuts. Set aside.
- 3. In a large saucepan combine the butter, sugar, corn syrup and salt. Stir together over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and cook until very thick and at the 'firm ball' stage (260 degrees F, 125 degrees C). Remove from heat, pour over pretzel/nut mixture and mix all together.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread out on wax paper to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 351 | Total Fat 17g | Saturated Fat 6.9g | Cholesterol 24mg | Sodium 488mg | Carbohydrates 48.2g | Fiber 1.9g | Protein 4.4g