Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Snacks
Salt and Garlic Bagel Chips View next recipe »
"Don't know what to do with those stale bagels? Make them into crispy, salty snacks! These bagel chips are heavy on the garlic and the real Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs give them a hearty flavor for satisfying snacking."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 20 Minutes
- Cook Time 5 Minutes
- Ready In 25 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 3 day old bagels
- 0.3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 0.2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- 2. Slice bagels into 1/8 inch thick rounds using a serrated knife. Arrange them in a single layer on the greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Use a spoon or pastry brush to apply the flavored olive oil to the bagel chips. If you start to run out of the mixture, you can add a little bit more oil without sacrificing any flavor. Season the chips lightly with salt and pepper.
- 3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the chips are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool. The chips will become crispier as they cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 249 | Total Fat 13.9g | Saturated Fat 2.5g | Cholesterol 4mg | Sodium 366mg | Carbohydrates 24.4g | Fiber 1.2g | Protein 6.4g