Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Snacks
Dawn's Candied Walnuts View next recipe »
"These walnuts are a special treat for Christmas, and are well worth the time it takes to make them."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 20 Minutes
- Ready In 30 Minutes
- Serves 16
- 1 pound walnut halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 0.2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread nuts in a single layer over a baking sheet. Roast for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until the nuts start to turn brown and the smell of roasting nuts fills the kitchen.
- 2. Stir together sugar, cinnamon, salt, and milk in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, or until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage of 236 degrees F (113 degrees C). Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla immediately. .
- 3. Add walnuts to sugar syrup, and stir to coat well. Spoon nuts onto waxed paper, and immediately separate nuts with a fork. Cool, and store in airtight containers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 238 | Total Fat 18.6g | Saturated Fat 1.8g | Cholesterol < 1mg | Sodium 39mg | Carbohydrates 16.9g | Fiber 2.1g | Protein 4.5g