Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Italian Beef for Sandwiches View next recipe »
"This makes a sandwich similar to one I used to get at a local restaurant when I lived in a suburb of Chicago. My all time favorite! Serve on crusty rolls with roasted sweet or hot peppers, if desired."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 12 Hours
- Ready In 12 Hours 15 Minutes
- Serves 10
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (5 pound) rump roast
- 1. Combine water with salt, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf, and salad dressing mix in a saucepan. Stir well, and bring to a boil.
- 2. Place roast in slow cooker, and pour salad dressing mixture over the meat.
- 3. Cover, and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 4 to 5 hours. When done, remove bay leaf, and shred meat with a fork.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 318 | Total Fat 15.8g | Saturated Fat 5.6g | Cholesterol 100mg | Sodium 819mg | Carbohydrates 1.6g | Fiber 0.2g | Protein 39.4g