Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Sandwiches
Busy Day Barbeque Brisket View next recipe »
"Brisket is rubbed with spices and liquid smoke and then cooked in a slow cooker with barbeque sauce until tender and juicy. This calls for just enough barbecue sauce for that smoky flavor while still allowing the flavor of the meat to come through. Hint: It's even better if you marinate it in the dry rub overnight."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 8 Hours
- Ready In 8 Hours 10 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.5 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 pounds beef brisket, trimmed of fat
- 0.5 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 cups barbeque sauce
- 1. Combine thyme, paprika, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and cumin in a small bowl; set aside. Rub brisket all over with liquid smoke, then rub with spice mixture.
- 2. Pour Worcestershire and barbeque sauces into a slow cooker; place beef on top. Cover, and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours, until fork tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 370 | Total Fat 24.1g | Saturated Fat 9.3g | Cholesterol 70mg | Sodium 1194mg | Carbohydrates 19.4g | Fiber 1g | Protein 17.8g