Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Salad
Tropical Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette View next recipe »
"An easy salad to make with a bag of salad greens, pineapple, bacon bits, nuts and toasted coconut. Use fresh pineapple, if you can, and substitute toasted almonds for the macadamia nuts, if desired."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 20 Minutes
- Cook Time 10 Minutes
- Ready In 30 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 6 slices bacon
- 0.2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 0.2 cup olive oil
- 0.2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 0.2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 0.5 cup chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 0.2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 2. In a cruet or jar with a lid, combine pineapple juice, red wine vinegar, oil, pepper and salt. Cover and shake well.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, pineapple, macadamia nuts, green onions and bacon. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with toasted coconut.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 242 | Total Fat 22.4g | Saturated Fat 4.7g | Cholesterol 10mg | Sodium 325mg | Carbohydrates 7.3g | Fiber 2.5g | Protein 5.2g