Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Salad
Red Skinned Potato Salad View next recipe »
"This creamy salad is made with red potatoes, which give this dish--chock full of melt-in-your-mouth bacon, bits of hard boiled egg, crunchy celery and spicy onion--a delectable, firm texture."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 1 Hour
- Cook Time N/A
- Ready In 2 Hours
- Serves 12
- 2 pounds clean, scrubbed new red potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and set in the refrigerator to cool.
- 2. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- 3. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 4. Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving skin on. Add to a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Chill for an hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 430 | Total Fat 36.9g | Saturated Fat 6.9g | Cholesterol 133mg | Sodium 536mg | Carbohydrates 16.2g | Fiber 1.4g | Protein 9.5g