Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Pizza
Pita Pizza View next recipe »
"As an appetizer or light lunch, these mini pizzas are easy to make and use readily available ingredients. Blue cheese adds a unique flavor, and pita bread is the perfect crust."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Cook Time 8 Minutes
- Ready In 13 Minutes
- Serves 24
- 6 pita breads
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 ounce diced pimento peppers, drained
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch crushed coriander seed
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2. Warm pitas in the preheated oven or in a microwave for 1 minute, or until soft. Spread lightly with tomato sauce, pressing to flatten while spreading. Sprinkle with black olives, pimento peppers, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, blue cheese, basil, oregano and coriander.
- 3. Spread the pitas on a large baking sheet and place in the preheated oven 8 minutes, or until the pita bread has reached desired crispness. Serve whole, or cut into slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 79 | Total Fat 2.8g | Saturated Fat 1.5g | Cholesterol 7mg | Sodium 257mg | Carbohydrates 9.7g | Fiber 0.8g | Protein 3.8g