Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Nachos
Chicken Nachos View next recipe »
- Prep Time 20 Minutes
- Cook Time 20 Minutes
- Ready In 40 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortilla chips, or as needed
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1. In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken, vegetable oil, and cayenne pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes, or longer if desired.
- 2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken mixture, and fry until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spread a thin layer of tortilla chips in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle 1/4 of the chicken, 1/4 of the chilies, and 1/4 of the cheese over the chips. Repeat layers ending with cheese on the top.
- 4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese is melted and everything is heated through. Serve with your favorite nacho toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 511 | Total Fat 30.3g | Saturated Fat 11.3g | Cholesterol 59mg | Sodium 886mg | Carbohydrates 40g | Fiber 3.5g | Protein 21.6g