Summer Entertaining Guide Back to All Videos
Making Macaroni Salad View next recipe »
"This recipe is easily multiplied for a crowd. Everyone in my family asks me to bring this to our functions. I even make it for weddings. Sometimes I use a mixture of different kinds of pasta, especially if I only have a little of this kind or that. Depending on what type of macaroni used, more dressing may be required. The recipe calls for red onion, but sweet onion is great, too."
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 30 Minutes
- Ready In 45 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickle
- 1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain, and rinse. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, place eggs in a saucepan, and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool. Peel, and chop.
- 3. In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, dry mustard, and sweet pickle juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine pasta, celery, onion, olives, sweet pickles, carrots, green pepper, celery seeds, and eggs. Stir in dressing, and mix well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 692 | Total Fat 40.4g | Cholesterol 172mg |