Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Entree
Steven's Baked Nachos View next recipe »
"My husband wanted to find chips tasting like those made at restaurants. Baking them is the key. These nachos are his claim to fame as a cook and they're delicious! I love them as a quick appetizer or late night snack! Serve with sliced jalapenos and your favorite hot sauce."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 25 Minutes
- Cook Time 15 Minutes
- Ready In 40 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 (8 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 1 (14.25 ounce) can refried beans
- 8 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1.5 cups grated pepper Jack cheese
- 0.2 cup chopped green onions
- 0.5 cup sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- 2. Place the chicken on a microwave-safe plate, cover with a paper towel, and place in a microwave oven. Cook on high power until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Cool, and use a knife to shred the chicken. Set aside.
- 3. Place the refried beans in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until thoroughly heated.
- 4. Layer half the chips, 1/2 cup cheese, and green onions on the bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon the refried beans over the chip mixture. Sprinkle with another 1/2 cup cheese, and spread with the sour cream. Arrange the shredded chicken over the sour cream layer. Top with the remaining chips and 1/2 cup cheese.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese melts throughout, 15 to 18 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 461 | Total Fat 25.2g | Saturated Fat 10g | Cholesterol 71mg | Sodium 588mg | Carbohydrates 37.4g | Fiber 5.6g | Protein 22.2g