Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Entree
Over the Top Nachos View next recipe »
"These nachos can be served as a meal, but all the good stuff makes for a great appetizer or snack while watching a game or a quick lunch for your family and friends. Better plan on making two plates of these, they're really good! Serve with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Cook Time 5 Minutes
- Ready In 10 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1. In a large frying pan, brown ground beef with onion, salt and pepper over medium heat. Break the meat into very small pieces while it is cooking. After the meat is thoroughly cooked, drain off the grease.
- 2. Arrange chips on a microwavable platter. Spread beans over the chips. Layer with 1/2 of the cheese, the ground beef mixture, and remaining cheese. Arrange jalapeno peppers on top.
- 3. Microwave on medium-high until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 829 | Total Fat 52.1g | Saturated Fat 20.1g | Cholesterol 119mg | Sodium 846mg | Carbohydrates 58.4g | Fiber 7.9g | Protein 33.6g