Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Entree
Black Bean Chili View next recipe »
"A chili that is best when prepared with fresh vegetables, but still delicious with canned or frozen. Serve by itself or over rice."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 20 Minutes
- Cook Time 20 Minutes
- Ready In 40 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 10 fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Sautee the onion, red bell peppers, jalapeno, mushrooms, tomatoes and corn for 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Season with black pepper, cumin and chili powder. Stir in the black beans, chicken broth and salt. bring to a boil.
- 2. Remove 1 1/2 cups of the soup to food processor or blender; puree and stir the bean mixture back into the soup. Serve hot by itself or over rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 150 | Total Fat 2.8g | Saturated Fat 0.4g | Cholesterol 1mg | Sodium 869mg | Carbohydrates 25.4g | Fiber 8.8g | Protein 8g