Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Desserts
Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle View next recipe »
"Old-fashioned peanut brittle just like Grandma used to make--simple and good!!"
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 15 Minutes
- Ready In 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- Serves 20
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 0.5 cup white corn syrup
- 0.2 cup water
- 1.5 cups raw peanuts
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1. Spray two cookie sheets with non-stick spray coating.
- 2. In a 4 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Heat to boiling and add peanuts. Cook until peanuts become golden in color and syrup mixture beads off nuts when raised out of pan. Quickly mix in the salt and baking soda until well blended.
- 3. Pour the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheets. Allow mixture to spread on it's own. Cool completely, and break into pieces. Store in air-tight container or plastic bag.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 143 | Total Fat 5.4g | Saturated Fat 0.7g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 160mg | Carbohydrates 23.1g | Fiber 0.9g | Protein 2.8g