Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Desserts
Melt In Your Mouth Blueberry Cake View next recipe »
"This is a nice tender cake - one of my Mom's specialties from years ago. It is a great cake to take along to a picnic."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 30 Minutes
- Cook Time 1 Hour
- Ready In 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Serves 12
- 0.5 cup butter
- 0.5 cup white sugar
- 0.2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.3 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 0.2 cup white sugar
- 1.5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- 2. Cream butter or margarine and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add salt and vanilla. Separate eggs and reserve the whites. Add egg yolks to the sugar mixture; beat until creamy.
- 3. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to egg yolk mixture. Coat berries with 1 tablespoon flour and add to batter.
- 4. In a separate bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 5. Bake for 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 206 | Total Fat 8.8g | Saturated Fat 5.2g | Cholesterol 55mg | Sodium 157mg | Carbohydrates 29.2g | Fiber 0.9g | Protein 3.2g