Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Desserts
Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches View next recipe »
"Delicious chocolate cookie ice cream sandwiches which make for an easy cool treat."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 20 Minutes
- Cook Time 10 Minutes
- Ready In 1 Hour
- Serves 12
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 0.5 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 0.5 cup butterscotch chips
- 0.5 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter, vanilla extract, eggs, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips. Roll dough into 2-inch balls and place them onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Do not overbake; the cookies should be set, but still soft. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to finish cooling on wire racks.
- 3. Using an ice cream scoop, mold the softened ice cream into a ball about the size of the cookies. Place scoop of ice cream between two cookies and gently press together. If you like a smooth edge, run the back of a spoon around the edge of the ice cream sandwich. Working quickly, fill all of the cookies, lay out on a baking sheet, and place in the freezer to harden. Serve when the ice cream has frozen solid. Sandwich cookies can be stored in a freezer bag for up to two weeks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 515 | Total Fat 28.9g | Saturated Fat 15.5g | Cholesterol 90mg | Sodium 499mg | Carbohydrates 61.3g | Fiber 2.1g | Protein 6.9g