Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Desserts
Chewy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies View next recipe »
"These are chewy, soft and smooth, not the crispy texture of regular chocolate chip cookies."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 45 Minutes
- Cook Time 10 Minutes
- Ready In 55 Minutes
- Serves 48
- 3.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups butter, softened
- 1.2 cups white sugar
- 1.2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sift together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, until well blended. Gradually stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon, stir in walnuts if desired. Drop cookies by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are light brown. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 190 | Total Fat 9.8g | Saturated Fat 5.1g | Cholesterol 24mg | Sodium 80mg | Carbohydrates 24.8g | Fiber 0.9g | Protein 2.2g