Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Desserts
Black Bottom Cupcakes I View next recipe »
- Prep Time 30 Minutes
- Cook Time 30 Minutes
- Ready In 1 Hour
- Serves 24
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 0.3 cup white sugar
- 0.1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 0.2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 0.3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin tins with paper cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt until light and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the center and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir together until well blended. Fill muffin tins 1/3 full with the batter and top with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 171 | Total Fat 8.9g | Saturated Fat 3.9g | Cholesterol 19mg | Sodium 145mg | Carbohydrates 22.4g | Fiber 0.9g | Protein 2.3g