Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Desserts
Black and White Cookies I View next recipe »
"New York black and white deli cookies."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 20 Minutes
- Cook Time 30 Minutes
- Ready In 1 Hour 20 Minutes
- Serves 24
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1.8 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2.5 cups cake flour
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 0.3 cup boiling water
- 1 (1 ounce) square bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter 2 baking sheets.
- 2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the milk, vanilla, and lemon extract. Combine cake flour and all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually blend into the creamed mixture. Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- 3. Bake until edges begin to brown, about 20 to 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- 4. Place confectioners sugar in large bowl. Mix in boiling water one tablespoon at a time until mixture is thick and spreadable. (Add more than the indicated amount if you need to).
- 5. Transfer half of the frosting to the top of a double boiler set over simmering water. Stir in the chocolate. Warm mixture, stirring frequently, until the chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
- 6. With a brush, coat half the cookie with chocolate frosting and the other half with the white frosting. Set on waxed paper until frosting hardens.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 327 | Total Fat 9.4g | Saturated Fat 5.5g | Cholesterol 56mg | Sodium 87mg | Carbohydrates 57.4g | Fiber 0.7g | Protein 4.1g