Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Chili
White Chili with Ground Turkey View next recipe »
"A great alternative to regular chili. This dish has a unique taste that even the pickiest eater will enjoy. Make sure you spice this one to taste! Garnish with cheese, salsa, sour cream and cilantro leaves, and serve with rolled tortillas on the side."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 30 Minutes
- Ready In 45 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey
- 2 (4 ounce) cans canned green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.2 pinch ground cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 pinch ground white pepper to taste
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic and ground turkey and saute for 10 minutes, or until turkey is well browned. Add the chile peppers, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, cayenne pepper to taste and white pepper to taste and saute for 5 more minutes.
- 2. Add two cans of the beans and the chicken broth to the pot. Take the third can of beans and puree them in a blender or food processor. Add this to the pot along with the cheese. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 396 | Total Fat 17.3g | Saturated Fat 7.6g | Cholesterol 92mg | Sodium 1366mg | Carbohydrates 26.7g | Fiber 7.2g | Protein 31.5g