Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Chili
Cincinnati Chili I View next recipe »
"An unusual chili, with cinnamon, cloves, and even chocolate!"
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time N/A
- Cook Time N/A
- Ready In N/A
- Serves 8
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 0.5 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 0.2 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 0.2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 0.2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.5 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 0.2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 0.2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 6 minutes.
- 2. Add beef, in batches if necessary, and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned.
- 3. Add chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, allspice, cloves, bay leaf, chocolate, beef broth, tomato sauce, cider vinegar, and red pepper. Stir to mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4. It is the best if you now refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Remove the bay leaf. Reheat gently over medium heat. Serve over hot, drained spaghetti. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 427 | Total Fat 35g | Saturated Fat 14g | Cholesterol 100mg | Sodium 659mg | Carbohydrates 7g | Fiber 2.8g | Protein 22.2g