Summer Entertaining Guide Back to BBQ
Sweet Spicy Wings View next recipe »
"Sweet and spicy wings! You can make two batches of the sauce, use one as a marinade before grilling the chicken, and pour the second batch over the chicken after it is grilled. It is not mandatory to do it this way, just better!"
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 30 Minutes
- Ready In 45 Minutes
- Serves 12
- 6 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
- 1.5 cups Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 0.8 cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- 2. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the chicken 8 to 12 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. (You can deep fry or bake the chicken instead if you want to, but it is best when grilled.) Remove chicken to a large roasting pan.
- 3. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the hot sauce, butter, honey, garlic salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Simmer about 10 minutes, until blended and heated through. Pour the sauce over the grilled chicken wings and stir to coat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 356 | Total Fat 22.7g | Saturated Fat 10.4g | Cholesterol 78mg | Sodium 896mg | Carbohydrates 23.9g | Fiber 0.2g | Protein 15.6g