Summer Entertaining Guide Back to BBQ
Slow Cooked Baked Beans View next recipe »
"I've also made this recipe using Great Northern and Jacob's Cattle beans."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 11 Hours 15 Minutes
- Ready In 11 Hours 30 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 2 cups kidney beans
- 5 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 4 ounces cured pork
- 0.2 cup molasses
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 0.2 cup ketchup
- 1. In a slow cooker place beans, water, onion, salt and pork. Cover the pot and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours.
- 2. Drain beans, saving the liquid. Add molasses, brown sugar, dry mustard, ketchup and 1 cup of the bean liquid. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 156 | Total Fat 2.3g | Saturated Fat 0.6g | Cholesterol 6mg | Sodium 739mg | Carbohydrates 28.1g | Fiber 3.2g | Protein 6.8g