Summer Entertaining Guide Back to BBQ
Sensational Sirloin Kabobs View next recipe »
"After a wild night marinating in a slightly sweet soy sauce and lemon-lime mixture, sirloin steak chunks are skewered with veggies and grilled. You'll want to make these again and again!"
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 15 Minutes
- Ready In 8 Hours 30 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 0.2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.5 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 4 fluid ounces lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 skewers
- 0.5 pound fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cubed
- 1. In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, light brown sugar, distilled white vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, garlic pepper seasoning, and lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage. Reserve about 1/2 cup of this marinade for basting. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Cover with the remaining marinade, and seal. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- 2. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add green peppers, and cook for 1 minute, just to blanch. Drain, and set aside.
- 3. Preheat grill for high heat. Thread steak, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and pineapple onto skewers in an alternating fashion. Discard marinade and the bag.
- 4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook kabobs on the prepared grill for 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. Baste frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 327 | Total Fat 17.4g | Saturated Fat 6.9g | Cholesterol 76mg | Sodium 608mg | Carbohydrates 19.2g | Fiber 2.1g | Protein 24g