Summer Entertaining Guide Back to BBQ
Basil Shrimp View next recipe »
"This was given to me by my friend, Elaine. It is one of the most delicious shrimp recipes for the BBQ I have ever had, and it is so easy. My son would eat the whole recipe if I didn't watch him."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 25 Minutes
- Cook Time 5 Minutes
- Ready In 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Serves 9
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.2 cup butter, melted
- 1.5 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (such as Grey Poupon Country Mustard(TM))
- 0.5 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 skewers
- 1. In a shallow, non-porous dish or bowl, mix together olive oil and melted butter. Stir in lemon juice, mustard, basil, and garlic, and season with salt and white pepper. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat grill to high heat. Remove shrimp from marinade, and thread onto skewers. Discard marinade.
- 3. Lightly oil grill grate, and arrange skewers on preheated grill. Cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or until opaque.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 206 | Total Fat 10.2g | Saturated Fat 4.1g | Cholesterol 244mg | Sodium 469mg | Carbohydrates 2.4g | Fiber 0.4g | Protein 25g