Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Appetizers
Tortellini Bites View next recipe »
- Prep Time 20 Minutes
- Cook Time 5 Minutes
- Ready In 30 Minutes
- Serves 24
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken broth, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared cheese tortellini, thawed
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 0.2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 0.3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Reserve 1-1/4 cups broth. Bring remaining broth to a boil in a large pot, add tortellini and cook until tender, drain well.
- 2. In a small bowl, blend cornstarch into 1 1/4 cups of reserved broth.
- 3. In a large saucepan, saute garlic and basil in the butter or margarine for 2 minutes over a medium heat. Add the cornstarch-broth mixture to the saucepan. Cook and stir until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- 4. Place tortellini in a serving dish, pour the broth-mixture, and Parmesan cheese into the serving dish and toss. Serve with toothpicks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 87 | Total Fat 4g | Saturated Fat 2.3g | Cholesterol 15mg | Sodium 284mg | Carbohydrates 9.6g | Fiber 0.5g | Protein 3.3g