Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Appetizers
Japanese Chicken Wings View next recipe »
"Chicken wings are egged and fried in butter, then baked in a tangy sauce of soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Delicious, sticky chicken wings!"
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 45 Minutes
- Ready In 1 Hour
- Serves 6
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 0.5 cup white vinegar
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Cut wings in half, dip in egg and coat with flour.
- 3. Heat butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Fry wings until deep brown. Place in a shallow roasting pan.
- 4. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Pour over wings.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, basting wings with sauce often.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 675 | Total Fat 44.3g | Saturated Fat 23.2g | Cholesterol 162mg | Sodium 1112mg | Carbohydrates 51.4g | Fiber 0.7g | Protein 18.9g