Summer Entertaining Guide Back to Appetizers
Caprese on a Stick View next recipe »
"This is a great, easy finger appetizer. I came up with it because I love Caprese but it was difficult to serve at large parties. Putting the same ingredients on a toothpick yielded great results."
Recipe Provided by allrecipes.com
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time N/A
- Ready In 15 Minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (.6 ounce) package fresh basil leaves
- 1 (16 ounce) package small fresh mozzarella balls
- 16 toothpicks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Thread a tomato half, a small piece of basil leaf, and a mozzarella ball onto toothpicks until all ingredients are used. Drizzle the olive oil over the tomato, cheese and basil, leaving the end of the toothpick clean. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 215 | Total Fat 17.4g | Saturated Fat 8.8g | Cholesterol 45mg | Sodium 133mg | Carbohydrates 3g | Fiber 0.4g | Protein 10.5g